Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org> on 2017/11/10 16:45:55 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache UIMA uimaFIT 2.4.0 RC 2

Hi all,

long long ago, I had already tried a 2.4.0 RC 1, so this is actually RC2.
Since we now have changes in the API, I decided to do a 2.4.0 instead of
a 2.3.1. I hope this time trying the release will be a smoother experience.

Otherwise, this is a minor feature and bugfix release:

- Fixed bug: indexCovered should not return reference annotation
- Fixed bug: JCasUtil.selectAt has different meaning than expected
- Upgrade to UIMA 2.10.2
- Added FSUtil.isMultiValuedFeature signature that works without a feature structure
- Maven plugin "generate" goal should include type system imports

Staging repository:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1166

SVN tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimafit/tags/uimafit-2.4.0

Release artifacts are here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uimafit-2.4.0-rc2/

Overall 5 issues have been resolved for this release.
They can be found in the jira-report.html.

... and here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.4.0uimaFIT%20ORDER%20BY%20due%20ASC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20created%20ASC

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ]  0 Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Cheers,

-- Richard

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache UIMA uimaFIT 2.4.0 RC 3 (was 2)

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Forgot to add [RESULT] to the mail subject.

-- Richard

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA uimaFIT 2.4.0 RC 3 (was 2)

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
The vote passes:

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
OK - Compared SVN branch with source ZIP

OK - Compiled from sources ZIP (empty Maven repo, Java 8)

OK - checked diff
-- there were only a few changes between 2.3.0 and 2.4.0
-- no changes in dependencies/licenses

OK - Checked README

OK - jira-report
-- I had to rebuild/reupload the release artifacts because the first time
   the jira report ended up empty. Since this report isn't included in the
   Maven artifacts, I didn't cancel the release or update the staged Maven
   artifacts.

OK - spot checked my (own) signature on Maven artifact in Nexus

[X] +1 OK to release

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA uimaFIT 2.4.0 RC 2

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
I have a problem bulding the sources: the maven (3.3.9) executable not
found in the it of the maven plugin.

This can normally be fixed by upgrading hte maven-invoker-plugin

Peter

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA uimaFIT 2.4.0 RC 3 (was 2)

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I am just looking up old mails - actually this is already 2.4.0 RC3!

I am renaming the artifact staging URL:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uimafit-2.4.0-rc3/

Re: Updating the UIMA parent pom

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Yes.  There's a Jira to collect all the ideas for this update, please add to it:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-5612

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
built svn-tag - OK
built source-release - OK
spot checked sigs/license/notice/readme/jira - OK
built ruta-core with uimaFIT-2.4.0 - OK