Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/13 22:12:01 UTC

Tidy up SVN commit lists

HTTPD has several commit lists configured in asf-mailer.conf

The default:
to_addr = cvs@httpd.apache.org

A) # needed for infra
for_paths = httpd/mod_mbox/trunk/scripts
to_addr = cvs@httpd.apache.org commits@infra.apache.org

B) # can likely be dropped, see below
for_paths = httpd/httpd
exclude_paths = httpd/httpd/win32-msi
to_addr = cvs@httpd.apache.org

C) # separate list not needed (see INFRA-17829)
for_paths = httpd/apreq
to_addr = apreq-cvs@httpd.apache.org

D) # no such path
for_paths = httpd/mod_python
to_addr = python-cvs@httpd.apache.org

E) # can be dropped?
for_paths = httpd/httpd/win32-msi
to_addr = win32-msi-cvs@httpd.apache.org

I think D) can be dropped, because there seems to be no such SVN path.
Also python-cvs@ only seems to exist as an alias for
mod_python-commits@quetz.apache.org
Looks like the SVN folder was dropped in May 2008 [1]

The last commit for E) was in 2013. I suspect the separate list could
be dropped.
This would allow B) to be dropped as well

This would simplify the SVN config considerably.

Sebb.
[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/quetz-mod_python-commits/200805.mbox/%3c20080506000546.0348C2388A1F@eris.apache.org%3e

Re: Tidy up SVN commit lists

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 4:12 PM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> HTTPD has several commit lists configured in asf-mailer.conf
>
> The default:
> to_addr = cvs@httpd.apache.org
>
> E) # can be dropped?
> for_paths = httpd/httpd/win32-msi
> to_addr = win32-msi-cvs@httpd.apache.org

The last commit for E) was in 2013. I suspect the separate list could
> be dropped.

Yes, this can be routed to cvs@httpd.a.o. If it gains any activity
(unlikely)
it can notify the general address until it becomes annoying enough to
parcel off to it's own space again. The only irritating commits would occur
when a large number of target files for installation are changed at once
(e.g. the delta between 2.2 and 2.4) which are very rare things.

> This would allow B) to be dropped as well

+1