Posted to announce@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <da...@apache.org> on 2009/07/30 11:34:43 UTC

Apache Wicket 1.3.7 marks end of life for Wicket 1.3!

The Apache Wicket team is proud to present the release of Apache Wicket 1.3.7.

This will be the last feature release for the 1.3.x branch. Going forward, only
security fixes will be released in the 1.3.x branch - meaning that
1.3.7 may be the
last release in this branch. All users are encouraged to upgrade to
1.4.0 as soon as
possible. As work begins on 1.5 in the near future, we will be
supporting 1.4.x and 1.5.x.

Eager people click here to download the distribution, others can read further:

* http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.7

We thank you for your patience and support.

 -= The Wicket Team =-

Apache Wicket

Apache Wicket is a component oriented Java web application framework. With
proper mark-up/logic separation, a POJO data model, and a refreshing lack of
XML, Apache Wicket makes developing web-apps simple and enjoyable again. Swap
the boilerplate, complex debugging and brittle code for powerful, reusable
components written with plain Java and HTML.

You can find out more about Apache Wicket on our website:

http://wicket.apache.org

This release

This will be the last feature release for the 1.3.x branch. Going
forward, only security fixes will be released in the 1.3.x branch -
meaning that 1.3.7 may be the last release in this branch. All users are
encouraged to upgrade to 1.4.0 as soon as possible. As work begins on
1.5 in the near future, we will be supporting 1.4.x and 1.5.x.

Migrating from 1.2

If you are coming from Wicket 1.2, you really want to read our migration
guide, found on the wiki:

http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/migrate-13.html

Downloading the release

You can download the release from the official Apache mirror system, and you
can find it through the following link:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.7/

For the Maven and Ivy fans out there: update your pom's to the following, and
everything will be downloaded automatically:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
    <artifactId>wicket</artifactId>
    <version>1.3.7</version>
</dependency>

Substitute the artifact ID with the projects of your liking to get the other
projects.

Please note that we don't prescribe a Logging implementation for SLF4J. You
need to specify yourself which one you prefer. Read more about SLF4J here:
http://slf4j.org

Validating the release

The release has been signed by Igor Vaynberg, your release manager for
today. The public key can be found in the KEYS file in the download area.
Download the KEYS file only from the Apache website.

http://www.apache.org/dist/wicket/1.3.7/KEYS

Instructions on how to validate the release can be found here:

http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#check-integrity

Reporting bugs

In case you do encounter a bug, we would appreciate a report in our JIRA:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET

The distribution

In the distribution you will find a README. The README contains instructions
on how to build from source yourself. You also find a CHANGELOG-1.3 which
contains a list of all things that have been fixed, added and/or removed since
Wicket 1.3.0.

Release Notes - Wicket - Version 1.3.7

Bugs

* [WICKET-1912] - StatelessForm problems with query string
* [WICKET-1922] - AbstractTree - setting root to null causes
NullPointerException
* [WICKET-1960] - AutoCompleteTextField - gives a type mismatch error
on IE - version wicket-1.4-rc1
* [WICKET-1992] - SharedResourceRequestTarget allows access to almost
arbitrary files under WEB-INF.
* [WICKET-2215] - WebClientInfo does not set browerMajorVersion for IE8
* [WICKET-2252] - Autocomplete text fields don't call existing
JavaScript event handlers properly
* [WICKET-2268] - NullPointerException NPE in DiskPageStore after
Session Timeout
* [WICKET-2289] - AutoCompleteBehavior: Selected input not modiefied
when selected with keyboard
* [WICKET-2308] - Append lastmodified to Resources shouldnt append
when the resource is a directory (ends with /)
* [WICKET-2313] - BaseWicketTester doesn't invoke
Application.newAjaxRequestTarget for ajax request target
* [WICKET-2337] - IndexOutOfBoundsException when PropertyResolver is
using an invalid list index
* [WICKET-2354] - PropertyModel does not support index only property ("[0]")
* [WICKET-2371] - jre 1.5 method used in wicket-extensions
* [WICKET-2384] - OutOfMemoryError occur for memory leak on
FeedbackPanel & FeedbackMessages
* [WICKET-2385] - BigDecimalConverter uses jdk5

Improvements

* [WICKET-2168] - TableTree.html is not XHTML valid
* [WICKET-2315] - Backport PageReference from trunk