Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Yuval <yu...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/22 13:14:18 UTC

Remote testing with JMeter

Hi,

I'm trying to activate JMeter from a remote machine.

I followed the instructions in the manual, but when I try to remote
start the test, nothing happens. At the jmeter.log I get the following
exception:

2004/12/22 14:07:46 ERROR - jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine:
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1;
nested exception is:
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.jmeter.engine.RemoteJMeterEngineImpl_Stub.setHost(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.run(ClientJMeterEngine.java:124)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown Source)
	... 7 more

of course, I trying trying to connect to an IP different than 127.0.0.1 .

Any ideas?

Re: Remote testing with JMeter

Posted by Yuval <yu...@gmail.com>.
Well, the machines weren't on the same segment...

I tried it on a new configuration and it worked fine.

Thanks!

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.