Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by SARA1232007 <cy...@foxmail.com> on 2009/04/22 05:05:51 UTC

about the situation to use factory to create resource

Hi,

It seems that in simple example, the managed resource is created when the
invocation to it is called. And in wsrf example, a factory resource is used
to create WsResource resource. What confused me is:
Under what situation a factory is needed to create managed resource, and
under what situation the resource is created automatically when the
invocation to it is called?

Thanks.

Sara

Re: about the situation to use factory to create resource

Posted by Chris Twiner <ch...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 5:05 AM, SARA1232007 <cy...@foxmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems that in simple example, the managed resource is created when the
> invocation to it is called. And in wsrf example, a factory resource is used
> to create WsResource resource. What confused me is:
> Under what situation a factory is needed to create managed resource, and
> under what situation the resource is created automatically when the
> invocation to it is called?

Best advice is to always declare resources in the file system that you
intend to have available at startup (as per most examples). If you
need to create resources dynamically use a factory operation to create
them and return a new epr (look at the pullpoint interface for an
example).

If these aren't appropriate for you then at the other end of the scale
you can proxy (be careful with subscriptions though):

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/autonomic/library/ac-muse.html?S_TACT=105AGX09&S_CMP=TipWSDM2

it also helps understand how muse creates resources dynamically.