Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com> on 2003/01/27 20:28:41 UTC

TLP announcement

We've sent around a TLP announcement to every place mentioned on the
listserv (leading up to the 2.1 PR), including...

Cnet
ZDNet
ServerWatch
JavaWorld
SLASHDOT
IBM Devworks
TechTV.com
Onjava.com
OfB.biz
Apache
Java DevJournal
Open Directory
TheServerSide
JSPInsider
JSPIN
JavaLobby
JGuru.com
JavaRanch
Open Enterprise
eBizQ

We've got all the info on where to send the news for each, so when we do
the 2.1.1 release and want to blast that out, we can handle that as well.

--
Serge Knystautas
Lokitech

Re: Mail State GHOST not working

Posted by Serge Sozonoff <se...@globalbeach.com>.
Never mind. Found my mistake. For testing, I was loading an existing email
into JavaMail for sending and adding a recipient through JavaMail. Since I
did not remove the TO: header in the existing mail I was ending up with two
recipients (two Mails in James) and thats why the GHOST did not seem to be
working. Mail for the second recipient was not being caught by my Matcher
and so it made its was to RemoteDelivery!!!

Stupid! Sorry for the wasted bandwidth. Not sure where my head is at the mo.

Sergei

Re: TLP announcement

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Ouch!  I hope she or he didn't have to replicate the effort I had already
> done (you could've asked :-)), and I very much appreciate the donation of
> your corporate resource.  :-)

Well, we also sent it to a lot of (more self-serving) announcements to
business-ish magazines in our region. :)

Thanks for the list too... we're getting the extra announcements out there.

--
Serge Knystautas
President

RE: TLP announcement

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I'm just saying it took many hours for our office manager to figure out
> who to send the press release to and send the announcement off to all
> these outlets, and we'd be happy to do the same when the 2.1.1 press
> release is ready to go out.

> I'll take the list you send to PMC and ask our office manager to
> research those as well and maybe retroactively send out a few more
> announcements about TLP.

Ouch!  I hope she or he didn't have to replicate the effort I had already
done (you could've asked :-)), and I very much appreciate the donation of
your corporate resource.  :-)

	--- Noel

Re: TLP announcement

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.