Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org> on 2022/08/09 11:50:15 UTC

[DISCUSS] Bump Kafka to 3.2.1 for 1.16.0

Hello,

The Kafka upgrade in 1.15.0 resulted in a regression
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-28060) where offsets are
not committed to Kafka, impeding monitoring and the starting offsets
functionality of the connector.

This has been fixed a about a week ago in Kafka 3.2.1.

The question is whether we want to upgrade Kafka so close to the feature
freeze. I'm usually not a friend of doing that in general, but in this
case there is a specific issue we'd like to get fixed and we still have
the entire duration of the feature freeze to observe the behavior.

I'd like to know what you think about this.

For reference, our current Kafka version is 3.1.1, and our CI is passing
with 3.2.1.

Re: [DISCUSS] Bump Kafka to 3.2.1 for 1.16.0

Posted by Galen Warren <ga...@cvillewarrens.com>.
I would love to see this issue resolved in 1.16.0. Thanks.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
Thanks everyone; I have opened a PR:
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/20526

Posted by Xingbo Huang <hx...@gmail.com>.