Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ceposta <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/01 00:47:34 UTC

NetworkConnectors and Master/Slave failvoer

quick question about the network connectors/bridge and failover. seems the
static discover is sufficient to handle failovers as it will poll the slave
in a master/slave network of brokers. seems the polling is configurable
also. is there any reason to use the failover() mechanism when establishing
a network of brokers pointing to a master/slave? Torsten mentions such a
thing in his blog for the purposes of reducing the warn logging when the
polling to the slave times out. are there any drawbacks to using it for
static discovery?

-----
http://www.christianposta.com

Re: NetworkConnectors and Master/Slave failvoer

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
There is an important caveat when using static:failover - the failover
feature should only be used to pick one url from the list of
candidates, it should not be used to failover the transport. To do
this you must use ? maxReconnectAttempts =0

This is important, because only the static discovery mechanism
correctly shuts down and restart the network bridge. see

To make this simpler, there is a new masterslave: discovery mechanism
in 5.6.0 that hides the details of using failover: to pick one of the
available brokers.
see: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3564

Scott has a nice write up here:
http://fusebyexample.blogspot.com/2011/11/activemq-network-of-master-slave-broker.html

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: NetworkConnectors and Master/Slave failvoer