Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Fay, Michael" <Mi...@pepperdine.edu> on 2005/05/10 18:17:22 UTC

error trying to run a jsp

We are getting the following error when trying use a jsp, either directly
through tomcat, or through apache with the tomcat connector:

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:5
65)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
93)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

root cause

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/usr/local/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-5/build/work/Catalina/localhost/jsp-example
s/org/apache/jsp/jsptest0509_jsp.java (No such file or directory)
        java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
        java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)
        java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:70)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:131)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:286)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:267)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:255)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:5
56)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
93)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.5 logs.

I know nothing about tomcat or jsp, and our web people keep insisting that
this means that java_home isn't set right, though it's set in all the
startup scripts. Can anyone give me any ideas here?