Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> on 2009/11/29 19:19:59 UTC

[IMAP] JPA vs Torque

Hi all (Robert ;) ),

when looking at the imap trunk I see there is one Torque implentation
and one JPA (openjpa). Which one the one to use ? How much more work
need the other ?

Thx,
Norman

Re: [IMAP] JPA vs Torque

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 29.11.2009 um 21:29 schrieb Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com
 >:

> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Norman Maurer
> <no...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Von meinem iPhone gesendet
>>
>> Am 29.11.2009 um 20:17 schrieb Robert Burrell Donkin
>> <ro...@gmail.com>:

>>> torque works (i've been running it for the last couple of years) but
>>> has quite a number of technical limitations
>>>
>>> openjpa probably works and uses an architecture more suitable for
>>> other implementations eg jackrabbit and should be quicker

>>> torque configuration is a complete hack but openjpa etc pretty much
>>> requires an injection container
>>>
>>> - robert
>>>

>> So guice should help , right?
>
> if wanted to give OpenJPA a try then you could use Guice to do that
>
> - robert

Ok i should have Complete the avalon to guice migration of James
Server in the next two weeks. I will have à look then

Bye
Norman

Re: [IMAP] JPA vs Torque

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: [IMAP] JPA vs Torque

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 29.11.2009 um 20:17 schrieb Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com
 >:

> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> Hi all (Robert ;) ),
>>
>> when looking at the imap trunk I see there is one Torque implentation
>> and one JPA (openjpa). Which one the one to use ?
>
> torque works (i've been running it for the last couple of years) but
> has quite a number of technical limitations
>
> openjpa probably works and uses an architecture more suitable for
> other implementations eg jackrabbit and should be quicker
>
>> How much more work need the other ?
>
> torque configuration is a complete hack but openjpa etc pretty much
> requires an injection container
>
> - robert

So guice should help , right?

Bye