Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Ashish Rahurkar <As...@crossworlds.com> on 2001/01/10 01:56:31 UTC

Parsing XML Schema in Xerces-J

I wanted to know if Xerces-J would have the capability to give more
information about the schema (as it does for a DTD via the DeclHandler
interface)? Are we going to see this in a future release?

This feature say a (SchemaHandler, in SAX3?) would be really cool.

Re: Parsing XML Schema in Xerces-J

Posted by "Billy L. Williams, Jr." <bw...@directcommerce.com>.
Hi Ashish,

One option is to use XPath and/or XSL to extract out the information you
need...keep in mind that one of the benefits of Schema is that Schemas use
XML syntax for expressing their constraints (unlike DTDs) and can thus be
treated as any other XML document.

Billy