Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> on 2023/03/15 17:58:23 UTC

allowing snapshot maven artefacts during build

Hi folks,

We have some side repository building some artefacts that we need in the
NetBeans main build.

For example the native one (a bit windows centric for now)

https://github.com/apache/netbeans-native-installers

https://github.com/apache/netbeans-native-launchers

And in the external file when we use it we need a coordinate to released
maven artefact+checksum.

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/blob/master/nb/ide.launcher/external/bina
ries-list

13F01FA7621AB429CEE9F0F78AE8092D7125CB53
org.apache.netbeans.native:launcher:12.5:distribution@zip

I wonder if we could introduce kind use snapshot and < don't care on the md5
> just to ease local testing.

But I think some changes are needed in nbbuild system to download and to
check < on release > that LATEST is no present.

Was thinking of that writing

13F01FA7621AB429CEE9F0F78AE8092D7125CB53
org.apache.netbeans.native:launcher:12-6-SNAPSHOT :distribution@zip LATEST

Or maybe we already have this.

Best Regards

Eric

Re: allowing snapshot maven artefacts during build

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu.INVALID>.
Hi Eric,

Am Mittwoch, dem 15.03.2023 um 18:58 +0100 schrieb Eric Barboni:

>  [Temporary use non maven dependencies for external dependencies]
>
> Or maybe we already have this.

Actually we have a partial solution. Have a look here:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/blob/master/extide/gradle/external/binaries-list

For some unknown reason gradle does not distribute the distribution zip
via maven central and so we need to download it directly.

You can't work around the checksum, but the build system tells you what
it would expect, and what it calculated, so you can trivially find the
right checksum by doing a priming build.

HTH

Matthias