Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Ritu Sabharwal <rs...@Brocade.com> on 2014/07/08 22:03:48 UTC

[HELP] How to build CS to enable VMware support in CloudStack..

Hi,

I am trying to add VMWare DC for the first time in CloudStack management server and need help in doing so. I downloaded the vim25.jar and apputils.jar from VSphere Management SDK and copied them to deps folder.

When I a tryingto build cloudStack from source using the command mvn install  -Dnoredist , it is failing and looking for dependencies for NetApp Plugin.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project cloud-plugin-netapp: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.apache.cloudstack:cloud-plugin-netapp:jar:4.5.0-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find com.cloud.com.netapp:manageontap:jar:4.0 in http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

How can I just build for enabling VMware support and no other opensource dependency?

Help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Ritu S.

RE: [HELP] How to build CS to enable VMware support in CloudStack..

Posted by Ritu Sabharwal <rs...@Brocade.com>.
Thanks Hugo, I was able to build Cloudstack.

I have some more questions on Vmware cluster setup for CloudStack. Sent that in a  separate email.

Thanks & Regards,
Ritu S.

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl>.
Ritu.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/How+to+build+CloudStack#HowtobuildCloudStack-Dependencies

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl>.
On 8 jul. 2014, at 22:35, Amogh Vasekar <am...@citrix.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately, you need to download and install the manageontop jar too

You can enable every noredist plugin by itself, the noredist flag is just a handy shortcut to enable all of them for developers.

Posted by Amogh Vasekar <am...@citrix.com>.
Hi,