Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brad Neuberg <bk...@columbia.edu> on 2004/09/09 18:30:45 UTC

Bug in trimSpaces?

I think I found a bug in the Tomcat's JSP compiler.
In our app, its causing some of our CSS styles to be flaky when we set
trimSpaces to be true.  (To work around, we can just put something static
in between the two adjacent EL expressions.)

When trimSpaces is set to true:

        <init-param>

            <param-name>trimSpaces</param-name>

            <param-value>true</param-value>

        </init-param>

The following JSP code:

evaluates to:

Notice that the space in between the two EL expressions is lost.

I think that is probably a bug.