Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gabriel Pedersen <ga...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/07 09:38:47 UTC

Step by Step Guide – Install Jakarta on Windows 2003 and 2008 Server

These Step by Step Guides covers the installation of Apache Tomcat Connector
Jakarta on Windows 2003 and 2008 Server. In these guides Jakarta are used by
Nordic Edge products to integrate with Windows IIS to enable Single Sign-On
to SAML applications or other Nordic Edge products but the guides are
helpful in any cases when installing the Tomcat Connector Jakarta on Windows
Server.

http://support.nordicedge.se/step-by-step-guide-install-jakarta-on-windows-2008-server/

http://support.nordicedge.se/step-by-step-guide-install-jakarta-on-windows-2003-server/

Re: Step by Step Guide – Install Jakarta on Windows 2003 and 2008 Server

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 07/12/2010 17:16, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 07/12/2010 14:35, Ognjen Blagojevic wrote:
>> Hi Gabriel,
>>
>>> These Step by Step Guides covers the installation of Apache
>>> Tomcat Connector Jakarta on Windows 2003 and 2008 Server.
>>
>> The name you chose for your product is confusing. IANAL, but I
>> also think it is against the Apache License. Please read guidelines
>> [1], section "What is the 'confusing similarity' or 'likelihood of
>>  confusion' test?"
>
> Yes that name is infringing. The issue is being handled off-list
> with the necessary ASF trademarks/legal folks having been made
> aware.

The folks at Nordic Edge responded brilliantly and have updated their
documentation as well as their pre-configured download package. My
thanks to them for such a prompt and helpful response and my apologies
for taking almost 24 hours to get the updated links posted to the users
list.

The updated links are:

*Step by Step Guide – Install the Nordic Edge pre-configured bundle of
the Apache Tomcat Connector for IIS on Windows 2003*
http://support.nordicedge.se/step-by-step-guide-install-the-nordic-edge-pre-configured-bundle-of-the-apache-tomcat-connector-for-iis-on-windows-2003

*Step by Step Guide – Install the Nordic Edge pre-configured bundle of the
Apache Tomcat Connector for IIS on Windows 2008*
http://support.nordicedge.se/step-by-step-guide-install-the-nordic-edge-pre-configured-bundle-of-the-apache-tomcat-connector-for-iis-on-windows-2008

Enjoy.

Mark

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.