Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/22 20:57:28 UTC

board agenda needs better handling of discussion

The discussion section copies the entire discussion section to the minutes, thereby creating a second copy of the discussion section. It also mangles tabular data.

It would probably be best if the minutes were simply blank and the only thing in the minutes are what secretary types during the meeting.

Even better would be for each item in the discussion section to have its own page so that minutes captured during the meeting immediately followed the discussion.

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo

Re: board agenda needs better handling of discussion

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 3:57 PM, Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The discussion section copies the entire discussion section to the minutes, thereby creating a second copy of the discussion section. It also mangles tabular data.

Sounds like one or more bugs.

The original design (back when I was secretary) was to put the entire
discussion section into a textarea box, allow me to edit it --
inserting minutes where they made sense -- and replacing the whole
section with the result.

> It would probably be best if the minutes were simply blank and the only thing in the minutes are what secretary types during the meeting.

Suboptimal if there are multiple discussion items.  It makes more
sense for the minutes to follow each individual item.

> Even better would be for each item in the discussion section to have its own page so that minutes captured during the meeting immediately followed the discussion.

That would make sense.

> Craig L Russell
> Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
> clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo