Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> on 2017/05/10 06:06:40 UTC

Re: ASF Board Report for May 2017 is now due from Marmotta

Jakob, at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/marmotta/reporting/2017-05_BoardReport.txt
I've
drafted a report for May (also copied below).

Please, take a look for submitting to Board later today.

Cheers,

-----------------------------

# Marmotta Board Report for May. 2017

Apache Marmotta, an Open Platform for Linked Data.

Apache Marmotta was founded in December 2012, and has graduated from the
Incubator in November 2013.

## Issues:

There are no major issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:

Still very low, but a quarter with more activity in the community, specailly
regarding questions and patches. The community still struggles to find its
fit to warranty mid-term viability of the project.

Therefore it is critical to find new people with the time and the ideas to
keep the project alive and being a reference in the Linked Data spectrun.
Given his contributions to the project, Xavier Sumba as voted as new committer.

Regarding that, we have proposed to Google Summer of Code the task of
upgrading to Eclipse RDF4J. Marmotta still uses the old Sesame, and this
is critical for the future technical viability. The project got two different
proposals, accepting the one by Gustavo Mora (Ecuador). Further details at the
announcement mail: https://s.apache.org/atjc

## Health report:

The project was considered feature-complete in 3.3.0. The current release
cicle (3.4.0) focused on refining and fixing bug, plus incorporation some
non-core new features. The development (issues, commits, emails) has
significantly come down in the last year.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 11 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Mark A. Matienzo on Thu Aug 18 2016

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 13 committers.
 - Xavier Sumba was added as a committer on Mon Mar 27 2017

## Releases:

 - Last release was 3.3.0 on Fri Dec 05 2014

## Mailing list activity:

 - users@marmotta.apache.org:
    - 113 subscribers (down -2 in the last 3 months):

 - dev@marmotta.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

Posted by Jakob Frank <ja...@redlink.co>.
Thanks Sergio for drafting the report!