Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Man <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/28 12:59:32 UTC

Hi , how to starta a gbean , when server starts up

Hi ,

    I like to clarify few things regarding gbean dependencies here :

                  I have a gbean , with some dependencies and i need to
start it as a independent service when server starts(i don't wanna it to go
as a gbean into other's configurations) .

                 can somebody educate me , how to go about having a gbean
started when server starts and where do i mention the dependencies for this
gbean.

With Thanks,

Re: Hi , how to starta a gbean , when server starts up

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Oh ok, I wasn't clean your intention.  I personally don't know how
best to do this, so perhaps someone else can recommend an approach.

- sachin

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
The only way to get GBeans into the server is to include them in a
Geronimo module (either an application, or a service module).  The
module needs to have a deployment plan that lists the GBeans as well
as any dependencies.  This is the same way all the core components of
Geronimo are installed -- they are included in modules like
j2ee-server, j2ee-system, etc.

If you deploy the module normally (either during server construction
or afterward) then your module (and the GBeans within it) will be
started when the server starts and stopped when the server stops,
unless you use one of the deployment tools to stop or undeploy the
module.

If you're building a server from scratch you'd probably want to use
Maven to build your module, the packaging plugin to package it into a
CAR file, and the assembly pluing to include that CAR file in the
server.  If you want to add your module to the server at any time
after the assembly plugin is run, you can just use the normal deploy
tool.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Posted by ahmed <ma...@gmail.com>.