Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Guru Shenoy <gs...@gamebox.net> on 2005/09/14 01:03:15 UTC

MX Record Priority List

Hello All,
       I am looking at a problem i need to fix in the use of james where the
requirement is to roundrobin thru mx records of equal or higher priority
before i look for the next lower priority mx records for a given domain
name.

    The current setup(findMXRecordsRaw) as i understand it looks for mx
records of all priorites for a given domain name. It then prioritizes them
using the mxRecordComparator. It then returns a List of strings of all mx
record values where there is no way to figure out individual priorities.

   In a previous version of james i noticed something called a mxSorter that
is as of now removed.

   I am wondering if anyone has any objection to me writing an overloaded
function of findMXRecordsRaw that returns a collection of Lists, where the
List is a collection of strings of mxRecords all of which belong to a
particular priority.

Guru