Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Wiśniowski Piotr <co...@gmail.com> on 2023/10/02 20:47:28 UTC

Re: UDF/UADF over complex structures

Hi Gyorgy,

I guess Your problem might not be directly related to UDFs not UDAFs but
to nested structure of Your data. I did have a problem with processing
nested data and also did not find a way to work this out - especially if
You are not in control of input data structure.

This issues seem very related as nested Rows need some polishing:

- https://github.com/apache/beam/issues/26911

- https://github.com/apache/beam/issues/27733

I have plans to jump on fix for this two, and I guess it would not be
hard, but I do not have any capacity for open source tasks for now.
Anyone would like to take a look at them?

Best

Wiśniowski Piotr