Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Mike Peters <ca...@softwareprojects.com> on 2010/09/02 16:53:20 UTC

Migrate data from 0.7 pre-release to 0.7 Beta

  Hi,

Is there a way to migrate data from a 0.7 pre-release build (June 30,
2010) to the latest 0.7 beta 1?

Replacing the binaries and starting-up Cassandra, throws the "are you
upgrading a pre-release version" error and dies.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Migrate data from 0.7 pre-release to 0.7 Beta

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
no.

1. if you delete system folder you'll blow away token information too,
which is not safe on > 1 machine.  just delete the schema CFs
2. yaml is ignored, you need to explicitly run import-from-yaml (see NEWS)

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: Migrate data from 0.7 pre-release to 0.7 Beta

Posted by Mike Peters <ca...@softwareprojects.com>.
  Thanks Jonathan,

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.