Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bill Waggoner <ct...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/24 00:32:32 UTC

Merge confusion ...

This is a confused newbie question about merge.  I'll try to be brief ...

I have a script, index.php, that I updated at R8 to add some code.  We are
now at R13 or so ... Someone else, outside of SVN, updated the source file
with changes that did not include my changes at R8.  Now I have a copy of
their updated file, how (or can I?) use MERGE to take my changes (7:8) and
insert them into the new source?  The changes are not in conflict at all.

TIA,
Bill W

Re: Merge confusion ...

Posted by Bill Waggoner <gr...@pobox.com>.
Thanks, Ryan.  Your understanding is correct, the file was simply replaced
(that's a project problem, not svn's) and trying to merge rev 8 didn't do
anything (as you suggested)

I feel much better now as I did merge the diff into the current file and
committed that, exactly as you suggested.  I'm glad I wasn't missing
something "magic" in svn that I might have missed.

Bill W

Re: Merge confusion ...

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.