Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com> on 1998/02/10 23:53:24 UTC

netscape free source info

http://developer.netscape.com/source/devfaq.html

It includes:

          We are still finalizing the details of the license terms and
          have not yet settled on a specific licensing agreement.  We are
          evaluating the GPL agreement, but are also evaluating the BSD
          and Apache style agreements as well as other potential models.
          We're not aware of any prior mainstream commercial product
          going to free source, so we are breaking new ground here. But
          we do have a firm commitment to make the source freely
          available, and will attempt to make details of the license
          available as soon as possible.

hmm:

   Will the source code be cross-platform?

          Netscape Communicator is primarily based on a single,
          cross-platform codebase.  However, initial releases of the
          source code will likely focus on Linux, Windows95/NT, and
          Macintosh PPC.