Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "stephen.chambers" <st...@verizon.net> on 2002/03/29 17:49:54 UTC

Problem with Tomcat's security manager and DataSource in struts-config.xml

All,

I have been migrating a smaller Tomcat/MySQL application to Struts and have run into a problem.

I have completely converted the app to Struts and hit a snag when I inserted the DataSource tag into the struts-config.xml. It began to generate "Cannot fond ActionMappings" errors in the html and in the logs could not find the database, asking "Is there a MySQL database running on this server?"

My Tomcat 4.0 (on RH 7.1) is running with security and I added these lines to the conf/catalina.policy file, each on as nothing else seemed to work:

grant CodeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/myapp/-" {
        permission java.security.AllPermission;
        };