Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> on 2001/06/20 23:23:37 UTC

RPM for tomcat 3.2.2-1 : any problems reported?

We just discovered a classloader-related problem with Velocity when used
in Tomcat 3.2.2 that seems to have come from the 3.2.2-1 RPM.

I have not verified the problem myself.  Before I install the RPM and
dive in, I wanted to check if there are any known issues with this RPM.

The problem is related to classloading - it seems that resources living
in a jar in WEB-INF/lib can't be found via

 ClassLoader classLoader = this.getClass().getClassLoader();
 result= classLoader.getResourceAsStream( name );

where 'this' is something is an instance of something found only in a
jar in WEB-INF/lib.

When the user switched to 3.2.2 from the tgz distro, all worked fine.

I am going to look into this tonight, so if anyone has any information
that can help or spare me this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

geir

System and Software Consulting

Re: RPM for tomcat 3.2.2-1 : any problems reported?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
I tested against the current rpm for 3.2.2-1, and all is fine.    Never
mind :)

I guess I should have emphasized 'seems' in my first sentence below.

geir