Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/01 18:35:44 UTC

Re: Beam KinesisIO Migration V1 to V2

Thanks a lot Cam for bringing this document to the mailing list (I let
some comments there). There was a recent proposal doc about supporting
async on Beam so you can be interested on taking a look at the
evolution of that [1]. It is definitely interesting for the
implications for IO authors.

I piggyback a bit this email to make other members of the community
aware of the ongoing work by Cam. He has been a contributor for a
while in the Java IO front, he contributed the IO for DynamoDB and due
to his work there he started working on the update of all the Amazon
Web Services (AWS) related IOs (SNS, SQS, etc) to use the new AWS SDK
(v2), that’s how he got into the Kinesis migration point, btw AWS IO
migration is an ongoing effort so if other people are interested on
contributing into this area, do not hesitate to contact him (or me).
BEAM-7555 [2] for more info. (Sorry for the ad :P)

Ismaël

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/26d0b7b4f89dcc265fd5deb9cdca3f3bc6daa7cdf2fe56e09b5e7a36@%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-7555

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.