Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/01 19:45:51 UTC

Documentation Patch Creating Guide

Hi,

Is there any guide on providing documentation patches to Tuscany?

Thanks.

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

C.S.Nirmal J. Fernando
Faculty of Engineering,
University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka.
Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/

Re: Documentation Patch Creating Guide

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 8:40 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Nirmal
>>
>> Do you mean documentation on the website or in readmes?
>>
>> For the web site we're still using the wiki to create the pages. This
>> makes it very easy for those with karma to go and fix it but a bit
>> tricky to create patches for it. There are some instructions here [1].
>> The Tuscany 1.x. web site wiki can be found here [2] and the Tuscany
>> 2.x web site here [3].
>>
>> If it's some readme docs in the distribution you want to change then
>> just create a patch file base on the difference between what's in svn
>> and what you want and attach it to a JIRA.
>>
>> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Home
>> [2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Home
>> [3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYxDOCx2x/Index
>>
>> Hope that helps
>>
>> Simon
>
> For anyone interested in helping with the website, I'd recommend
> filling a ICLA with apache and the PMC can look into providing
> necessary karma for editing the website.

I have filled an ICLA last year! :)

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any guide on providing documentation patches to Tuscany?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Nirmal
>>
>> C.S.Nirmal J. Fernando
>> Department of Computer Science & Engineering,
>> Faculty of Engineering,
>> University of Moratuwa,
>> Sri Lanka.
>> Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/
>>

> Hi Nirmal
>
> Do you mean documentation on the website or in readmes?

I meant website, but Luciano already fixed it :)

> For the web site we're still using the wiki to create the pages. This
> makes it very easy for those with karma to go and fix it but a bit
> tricky to create patches for it. There are some instructions here [1].
> The Tuscany 1.x. web site wiki can be found here [2] and the Tuscany
> 2.x web site here [3].

I see.

> If it's some readme docs in the distribution you want to change then
> just create a patch file base on the difference between what's in svn
> and what you want and attach it to a JIRA.
>
> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Home
> [2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Home
> [3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYxDOCx2x/Index
>
> Hope that helps