Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by George Armhold <ar...@cs.rutgers.edu> on 2001/09/27 18:50:03 UTC

how to integrate Tomcat 4.0 with Apache? mod_jk? mod_webapp?

What is the recommended way to integrate Tomcat 4.0 with Apache 1.3.x?
mod_jk?  mod_webapp?  I had been using mod_jk with Tomcat 3.x, which
worked fine.  I was able to have Tomcat automatically generate a
$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/tomcat-apache.conf for inclusion into my http.conf.
This was nice in that there was no further editing of http.conf or
Tomcat XML files- just plop a new servlet into $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps
and restart Tomcat/Apache, and the new app would be up and running.

Now with 4.0, it looks like mod_webapp is the way to go, but the
documentation that came with mod_webapp talks about having to edit
http.conf to add WebAppDeploy entries for each application... this
seems a step backward to me.

Can someone please tell me the recommended way to connect Tomcat with
Apache?

Thanks

--
George Armhold