Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Thomas Wang <w...@datability.io> on 2021/09/23 20:59:10 UTC

Exact S3 Permissions to allow a flink job to use s3 for checkpointing

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what exact s3 permissions does a flink job need to
work appropriately when using s3 for checkpointing. Currently, I have the
following IAM Policy, but it seems insufficient. Can anyone help me figure
this out? Thanks.

{
Action = [
"s3:PutObject",
"s3:GetObject",
]
Effect = "Allow"
Resource = "arn:aws:s3:::<BUCKET_NAME>/<SOME_PATH>/*"
},

Thomas

Re: Exact S3 Permissions to allow a flink job to use s3 for checkpointing

Posted by "Meissner, Dylan" <dy...@nordstrom.com>.
Thomas, I use only these actions for checkpoints and savepoints: s3:GetObject, s3:PutObject, s3:DeleteObject, and s3:ListBucket

Cheers,
Dylan

Posted by Guowei Ma <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Thomas