Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com> on 2007/04/02 10:39:55 UTC

Fixing QPID-243 Rearraging C++ source tree

In fixing this JIRA I'm about to rearrange the C++ source in the Qpid
src tree. I expect to have this work finished about Midday BST (UK time)
today Monday 2nd April.

In the meantime, can I ask everyone to avoid checking anything in to the
"cpp" directory of the source tree. As this change modifies nearly every
source file (to make header inclusion consistent) AND moves nearly every
source file as well, check ins whilst I am working on the change are
very disruptive (I effectively have to start again!).

BTW The change is mostly performed by a couple of scripts with a fair
bit of manual intervention as well.

I will mail out to qpid-dev when I've finished.

Thanks

Andrew

Re: Fixing QPID-243 Rearraging C++ source tree

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
C++ source has now been re-arranged as of svn rev 524769.

The C++ code should build as before, but you are advised either to start
from a clean cpp source tree or to run "make distclean" BEFORE you
update to the new source tree.

Then after updating you can run:
	./bootstrap
	./configure
	make
etc. and all should be well (well it works for me :-) )

Questions, problems to me as soon as possible.

Andrew