Posted to dev@directmemory.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2011/10/13 09:35:44 UTC

Build change etc..

Hello Folks,
I'd like to cleanup the maven builds:
* moving test resources to src/test/resources
* fix various pom metadata: groupId (org.apache.directmemory), etc
* include rat plugin
* setup to deploy snapshots to r.a.o
* what else ? :-)

Do we agree on using a checstyle configuration and which one ? (I'd
like to have with all the die files available)

I have setup a jenkins job see
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/directmemory/
and a sonar job:
https://analysis.apache.org/dashboard/index/org.directmemory:DirectMemory-Cache

Comments ?

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Weird about issues in the build: see
https://analysis.apache.org/jenkins/job/directmemory/9/console

2011/10/15 Raffaele P. Guidi <ra...@gmail.com>:
> I just found Olivier message introducing the Sonar installation I asked for
> some 10 emails later... sorry! :D Coming back to sonar... isn't it wierd it
> doesn't report any tests executed or test coverage? Or is it an old report?
> How is it scheduled?
>
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello Folks,
>> I'd like to cleanup the maven builds:
>> * moving test resources to src/test/resources
>> * fix various pom metadata: groupId (org.apache.directmemory), etc
>> * include rat plugin
>> * setup to deploy snapshots to r.a.o
>> * what else ? :-)
>>
>> Do we agree on using a checstyle configuration and which one ? (I'd
>> like to have with all the die files available)
>>
>> I have setup a jenkins job see
>> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/directmemory/
>> and a sonar job:
>>
>> https://analysis.apache.org/dashboard/index/org.directmemory:DirectMemory-Cache
>>
>> Comments ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Olivier Lamy
>> Talend : http://talend.com

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by "Raffaele P. Guidi" <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by "Raffaele P. Guidi" <ra...@gmail.com>.
Nice tool; while I always think that just avoiding accessors would be the
best choice this could be a good compromise

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi all,
tl;dr, so feel free to do whatever you want :)
Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by Daniel Manzke <da...@googlemail.com>.
Just my 2 Cents.

--
Viele Grüße/Best Regards

Daniel Manzke

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hola Mau,

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.
-1 for lobotom :)
Joke apart, don't misunderstand me, I think is a great tool, but

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by "Raffaele P. Guidi" <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Salut Olivier,

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2011/10/13 Raffaele P. Guidi <ra...@gmail.com>:
> Ok, after some rest to take my breath back (:P) I would like to point out to
> you one checkstyle rule I totally disagree with:
>
> https://analysis.apache.org/drilldown/violations/76460?priority=MAJOR&rule=checkstyle%3Acom.puppycrawl.tools.checkstyle.checks.design.VisibilityModifierCheck#
>
> My life as a java developer has been considerably better since I quit
> writing getters and setters . I'd better cut my left hand (well, kinda...)
> than going back writing get/setters - but I'll stick with anything the team
> thinks is better.
>
> Change the rule or change the code?
The rule :-). I have chaged.
I agree too on that for simple bean (except some frameworks doesn't
support that :-( )
Regarding Lombok does that works for folks who are happy to not use eclipse ?

> Ciao,
>
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 10:20 PM, Raffaele P. Guidi <
> raffaele.p.guidi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm speechless  :O
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 10:09 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> you mean the link in this page
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/directmemory/project-reports.html
>>>
>>> :-)

>>> http://nemo.sonarsource.org/dashboard/index/org.apache.commons:commons-ognl

>>> --
>>> Olivier Lamy
>>> Talend : http://talend.com

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by "Raffaele P. Guidi" <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by "Raffaele P. Guidi" <ra...@gmail.com>.
I'm speechless  :O

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by "Raffaele P. Guidi" <ra...@gmail.com>.
I definitely do :)

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.
Hi Raffaele,

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by "Raffaele P. Guidi" <ra...@gmail.com>.
Wow, great job! Regarding checkstyle... why don't we go the full monty?
http://www.sonarsource.org/ is this used in ASF?

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2011/10/13 Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>:
> Hi Olivier,
> I agree that things should be move on TL, anyway we should be prepared
> on supporting the multi-module structure as discussed in the roadmap -
> new components will be added - and in the core itself there are parts
> that could be put as external module.
> So, my proposal is writing a parent pom that only includes the
> directmemory-cache as submodule.
> Does it make sense for you?
Yes.
I will do that (not sure today but early tomorrow)
> TIA,
> Simo

> http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
> http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
> http://www.99soft.org/
>

> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 3:10 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>> some stuff done.
>>
>> site will be here (http://incubator.apache.org/directmemory/)  with next sync
>>
>> I wonder about the current svn tree.
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/directmemory/trunk/
>>
>> real project is here
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/directmemory/trunk/directmemory-cache/
>>
>> Do we move things on top level ?
>>
>> 2011/10/13 Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:
>>> ok I will start that.
>>> Note I will move to a lower case for artifactId direct memory-cache
>>> rather than DirectMemory-Cache (so svn path will change too)
>>>
>>> Move java package to org.apache.directmemory

>>> --
>>> Olivier Lamy
>>> Talend : http://talend.com
>>>

>> --
>> Olivier Lamy
>> Talend : http://talend.com

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Olivier,

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
some stuff done.

site will be here (http://incubator.apache.org/directmemory/)  with next sync

I wonder about the current svn tree.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/directmemory/trunk/

real project is here
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/directmemory/trunk/directmemory-cache/

Do we move things on top level ?

2011/10/13 Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:
> ok I will start that.
> Note I will move to a lower case for artifactId direct memory-cache
> rather than DirectMemory-Cache (so svn path will change too)
>
> Move java package to org.apache.directmemory
>
> 2011/10/13 Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>:
>> +1 to all, you are THE man for this! :)
>> Bonne journée!
>> Simo

>> http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
>> http://www.99soft.org/
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hello Folks,
>>> I'd like to cleanup the maven builds:
>>> * moving test resources to src/test/resources
>>> * fix various pom metadata: groupId (org.apache.directmemory), etc
>>> * include rat plugin
>>> * setup to deploy snapshots to r.a.o
>>> * what else ? :-)
>>>
>>> Do we agree on using a checstyle configuration and which one ? (I'd
>>> like to have with all the die files available)
>>>
>>> I have setup a jenkins job see
>>> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/directmemory/
>>> and a sonar job:
>>> https://analysis.apache.org/dashboard/index/org.directmemory:DirectMemory-Cache
>>>
>>> Comments ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --
>>> Olivier Lamy
>>> Talend : http://talend.com

> Olivier Lamy
> Talend : http://talend.com

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Re: Build change etc..

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
ok I will start that.
Note I will move to a lower case for artifactId direct memory-cache
rather than DirectMemory-Cache (so svn path will change too)

Move java package to org.apache.directmemory

2011/10/13 Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>:
> +1 to all, you are THE man for this! :)
> Bonne journée!
> Simo

> http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
> http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
> http://www.99soft.org/
>

> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hello Folks,
>> I'd like to cleanup the maven builds:
>> * moving test resources to src/test/resources
>> * fix various pom metadata: groupId (org.apache.directmemory), etc
>> * include rat plugin
>> * setup to deploy snapshots to r.a.o
>> * what else ? :-)
>>
>> Do we agree on using a checstyle configuration and which one ? (I'd
>> like to have with all the die files available)
>>
>> I have setup a jenkins job see
>> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/directmemory/
>> and a sonar job:
>> https://analysis.apache.org/dashboard/index/org.directmemory:DirectMemory-Cache