Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2020/05/15 16:51:42 UTC

[VOTE] Apache PLC4X 0.7.0 RC1

Apache PLC4X 0.7.0 has been staged under [2] and it’s time to vote
on accepting it for release. All Maven artifacts are available under [1].
Voting will be open for 72hr.

A minimum of 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 than binding -1
are required to pass.

Release tag: release/0.7.0
Hash for the release tag: c06b73473383405a550ac4f4cee7dd8636325a35

Per [3] "Before voting +1 PMC members are required to download
the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test
the resulting executable on their own platform, along with also
verifying that the package meets the requirements of the ASF policy
on releases."

You can achieve the above by following [4].

[ ]  +1 accept (indicate what you validated - e.g. performed the non-RM items in [4])
[ ]  -1 reject (explanation required)

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheplc4x-1027
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/plc4x/0.7.0/rc1
[3] https://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release
[4] https://plc4x.apache.org/developers/release/validation.html

Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by Lukas Ott <ot...@gmail.com>.
+1

Tasks i did:
- Downloaded all staged artifacts
- Checked if the signature references an Apache email address (gpg --verify)
- Verified the SHA512 hashes
- Verified the existence of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in
the extracted source bundle.
- Verified the content of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in
the extracted source bundle.

Build from source with:
"mvn -P with-sandbox install"

Additional remark:
-> could only built successfully with-sandbox

OS: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Java: openjdk version "11.0.7"
Maven: Apache Maven 3.6.3

Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
 https://gist.github.com/ottobackwards/7f40865c5a1dad8b09c06c5215f40bd8

The error.  Chris has reproduced.

java -version
java version “1.8.0_171"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.171-b11, mixed mode)

On May 18, 2020 at 11:33:49, Otto Fowler (ottobackwards@gmail.com) wrote:

-1 binding.

Does not build with java 8 as documented.
The rest seems fine.

On May 18, 2020 at 05:55:31, Christofer Dutz (christofer.dutz@c-ware.de)
wrote:

+1 Binding

Chris

[OK] Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the release
vote email into a directory we’ll now call download-dir.
[OK] Verify the signature is correct: Additional Apache tutorial on how to
verify downloads can be found here.
[OK] Check if the signature references an Apache email address.
[OK] Verify the SHA512 hashes:
[OK] Unzip the archive:
[OK] Verify the existence of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files
in the extracted source bundle.
[OK] Verify the content of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in
the extracted source bundle.
[OK] [RM] Verify the staged source README, RELEASE_NOTE files correspond to
those in the extracted source bundle.
[OK] [RM] Run RAT externally to ensure there are no surprises.
[OK] Search for SNAPSHOT references: Only found in commented out
dependencies and disabled parts of the project (Parts not yet deleted)
[OK] Search for Copyright references, and if they are in headers, make sure
these files containing them are mentioned in the LICENSE file: No findings
in a bad form, however it seems some files use other apache headers as
others (Some files have apache headers containing the word "copyright" but
most don't)
[MINOR]Build the project according to the information in the README.md
file: One example references a module in the sandbox, so the "with-sandbox"
profile needs to be enabled in addition)
[OK] [RM] Build the project with all with-xyz profiles and tests enabled
and an empty maven local repo: by appendng -Dmaven.repo.local=../.m2.

Am 17.05.20, 19:39 schrieb "Robinet, Etienne" <43...@etu.he2b.be>:

Hi Chris,
+1
Checklist:
- Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the release vote
email
- Verify the signature is correct
- Check if the signature references an Apache email address.
- Verify the SHA512 hashes
- Unzip and verify existence and content of LICENSE, NOTICE, README,
RELEASE_NOTES
- Run RAT externally to ensure there are no surprises (also 7 unknown
Licences)

apache-plc4x-0.7.0/build-utils/protocol-base-mspec/src/main/antlr4/org/apache/plc4x/plugins/codegenerator/language/mspec/expression/Expression.g4

apache-plc4x-0.7.0/build-utils/protocol-base-mspec/src/remote-resources/UNLICENSE

apache-plc4x-0.7.0/licenses/UNLICENSE
apache-plc4x-0.7.0/plc4j/examples/hello-webapp/client/asconfig.json
apache-plc4x-0.7.0/plc4j/tools/scraper/src/test/resources/config.json
apache-plc4x-0.7.0/sandbox/code-gen/src/main/resources/example.json
apache-plc4x-0.7.0/sandbox/code-gen/src/main/resources/example2.json
-Search for "SNAPSHOT" and "Copyright" reference
- Build the project according to the information in the README.md
file(./mvnw -P with-sandbox install)

OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Java: OpenJDK 11.0.2
Maven: 3.6.0

Etienne

Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
 -1 binding.

Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
+1 Binding

Chris

[OK] Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the release vote email into a directory we’ll now call download-dir.
[OK] Verify the signature is correct: Additional Apache tutorial on how to verify downloads can be found here.
[OK] Check if the signature references an Apache email address.
[OK] Verify the SHA512 hashes:
[OK] Unzip the archive:
[OK] Verify the existence of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in the extracted source bundle.
[OK] Verify the content of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in the extracted source bundle.

Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by "Robinet, Etienne" <43...@etu.he2b.be>.
Hi Chris,
+1
Checklist:

Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi,

Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by Cesar Garcia <ce...@ceos.com.ve>.
Hi Chris,

Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X 0.7.0 RC1

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
 nm, the keys are in the standard location :
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/plc4x/KEYS

On May 15, 2020 at 23:18:24, Otto Fowler (ottobackwards@gmail.com) wrote:

Where is the KEYS file for this project?

Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X 0.7.0 RC1