Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Brendan Miller <ca...@catphive.net> on 2008/10/25 02:09:08 UTC

path classpath

What's the difference between path and classpath?

RE: path classpath

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
you can assume path is used for locating binaries and classpath is for locating classes/jars (except if otherwise specified in the ant javadoc for that task..)

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

Re: path classpath

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.
There is no difference in type.

The classpath tag is normally a sub-element in of a task, and it
corresponds (in java) to an Path type.

The task may use different element names of the Path type for
different uses. For example <javac>
all of Path type.

<path> is an ant type - one can set a reference to a path and use
this reference with any of the elements of the Path type.

see:
http://ant.apache.org/manual/using.html#path

Peter

Re: path classpath