Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <am...@mxi.com> on 2007/02/13 17:35:51 UTC

Enabling "CrossContext" in web applications

Hi,

I need to enable the Tomcat "CrossContext" parameter for my web
applications, so that their contexts are visible to each other, but I am
not clear on how to do this properly in Geronimo 1.2-beta.

I saw somewhere in a dev mailing list that the following snippet should be
added to the geronimo-web.xml plan:

---
<container-config container="Tomcat">
     <config-param name="CrossContext">true</config-param>
</container-config>
---

However, on the IBM website, I also see that there is a geronimo-tomcat.xml
descriptor that I could put in my web application and that allows for the
configurability of this CrossContext parameter (based on WASCE 1.1.0.1).
Currently, I do not have any geronimo-tomcat.xml descriptors in my web
applications.  Does anybody know what the best way to do this is?

Thanks,
Aman

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *

Re: Enabling "CrossContext" in web applications

Posted by Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <am...@mxi.com>.
Thanks, this works!

I had to change the namespace of the web-app element in my geronimo-web.xml
to the Tomcat namespace that you specified, and add the <cross-context/>
element.  This is an interesting technique to make the gernimo-web.xml more
specific to the container.

Aman

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.