Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by FionaY <fi...@vitamins.org> on 2011/10/05 20:12:17 UTC

Search Relevance Assistance

We have Solr integrated, but we are having some issues with search relevance
and we need some help fine tuning the search results. Anyone think they can
help?

Re: Search Relevance Assistance

Posted by Fred Zimmerman <wf...@nimblebooks.com>.
probably can't help, but pls keep the topic on list, as it is important for
me too!

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 11:42 PM, FionaY <fi...@vitamins.org> wrote:
> We have Solr integrated, but we are having some issues with search relevance
> and we need some help fine tuning the search results. Anyone think they can
> help?

Well, you would at least need to describe what problems you
are facing, e.g., some example queries, what are the results
obtained, and what the preferred results would be. There are
many things that can be done to tweak Solr relevance, but
details are often application-specific.

Here are two links that might help get you started:
* http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrRelevancyCookbook
* http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrRelevancyFAQ

Regards,
Gora