Posted to users@solr.apache.org by sambasivarao giddaluri <sa...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/03 17:42:37 UTC

Stream Query result Cacheable ?

Hi All,

Wanted to check if the result of stream query is internally cached by solr .
example , if we hit the same query with /stream will the response be fast ?

because if we run the same query /query or /select the response if faster
the next time we hit .

Regards
sam

Re: Stream Query result Cacheable ?

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
Streaming Expressions are composed of queries to the /select handler or
/export handler. For example the search() and facet() expression query the
/select handler. So both the main query and the filter queries would be
cached by the underlying /search handler. The export handler uses the
filter cache but does not use the query result cache like the /select
handler.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Posted by Michael Gibney <mi...@michaelgibney.net>.