Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/03 13:14:03 UTC

[RELEASE]: 1 day left for new/updated translations for AOO 3.4.1

Hi,

this is just a friendly reminder for our translation deadline tomorrow
Jan 4th, 2013. But if you don't make the date, our next release is not
too far away and we are looking forward to release even more languages
for AOO 4.0.

Please provide information about used dictionaries as well that we can
bundle them directly.

For details see the wiki planning page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Respin+for+additional+languages

For now we will include 6 new languages: Danish, Korean, Polish,
Scottish Gaelic, Swedish

We can think of adding some further languages where we have volunteers
working on an updated translation and where we have a satisfying UI
coverage of for example >= 94%. I am not sure what's best and would like
to ask our community.

Juergen

Re: [RELEASE]: 1 day left for new/updated translations for AOO 3.4.1

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
On 3 January 2013 13:14, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is just a friendly reminder for our translation deadline tomorrow
> Jan 4th, 2013. But if you don't make the date, our next release is not
> too far away and we are looking forward to release even more languages
> for AOO 4.0.
>
> Please provide information about used dictionaries as well that we can
> bundle them directly.
>
> For details see the wiki planning page
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Respin+for+additional+languages
>
> For now we will include 6 new languages: Danish, Korean, Polish,
> Scottish Gaelic, Swedish
>
> We can think of adding some further languages where we have volunteers
> working on an updated translation and where we have a satisfying UI
> coverage of for example >= 94%. I am not sure what's best and would like
> to ask our community.

+1 for adding, can we on the download page make a note "language xxx is not
completly translated". 94% is pretty high, if UI is near 100% and just
helpcontent2 is missing a lower % would not hurt.

jan I

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

> On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 01:55:42PM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> Yesterday while building yesterday I realized there are several
>>>  resources that are not being translated; an example, for nb:
>>>
>>> ... languages nb ... ... analyzing files ... WARNING: Using
>>> autotextshare_en-US.zip instead of autotextshare_nb.zip
>>> WARNING: Using palettes_en-US.zip instead of palettes_nb.zip
>>> WARNING: Using tpllayoutimpr_en-US.zip instead of
>>> tpllayoutimpr_nb.zip WARNING: Using tplpresntimpr_en-US.zip
>>> instead of tplpresntimpr_nb.zip WARNING: Using
>>> tplwizagenda_en-US.zip instead of tplwizagenda_nb.zip WARNING:
>>> Using tplwizdesktop_en-US.zip instead of tplwizdesktop_nb.zip
>>> WARNING: Using tplwizfax_en-US.zip instead of tplwizfax_nb.zip
>>> WARNING: Using tplwizletter_en-US.zip instead of
>>> tplwizletter_nb.zip WARNING: Using tplwizreport_en-US.zip
>>> instead of tplwizreport_nb.zip WARNING: Using
>>> tplwizstyles_en-US.zip instead of tplwizstyles_nb.zip WARNING:
>>> Using wordbook_en-US.zip instead of wordbook_nb.zip
>>>
>>> This includes AutoText, palettes, templates, wordbook.
>>>

>> mmh, interesting I have never recognized this. Any ideas what's
>> going wrong?
>
> the localized content in main/extras/source/, which isn't uploaded
> into pootle, should also be translated. There should be a guide how
> to localized those resources; in the case of wizard templates, for
> example, a simple mistake may make the whole wizard not work.
>
> There is a manual at
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/l10n/localization/extras/How-To_Manual_OOo-Extras.odt?view=log

that might be still valid.

ok, we should take a closer look on this for 4.0. Or better we should
include it in the new process from the beginning.

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 01:55:42PM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> > Yesterday while building yesterday I realized there are several
> > resources that are not being translated; an example, for nb:
> >
> > ... languages nb ... ... analyzing files ... WARNING: Using
> > autotextshare_en-US.zip instead of autotextshare_nb.zip WARNING:
> > Using palettes_en-US.zip instead of palettes_nb.zip WARNING: Using
> > tpllayoutimpr_en-US.zip instead of tpllayoutimpr_nb.zip WARNING:
> > Using tplpresntimpr_en-US.zip instead of tplpresntimpr_nb.zip
> > WARNING: Using tplwizagenda_en-US.zip instead of
> > tplwizagenda_nb.zip WARNING: Using tplwizdesktop_en-US.zip instead
> > of tplwizdesktop_nb.zip WARNING: Using tplwizfax_en-US.zip instead
> > of tplwizfax_nb.zip WARNING: Using tplwizletter_en-US.zip instead
> > of tplwizletter_nb.zip WARNING: Using tplwizreport_en-US.zip
> > instead of tplwizreport_nb.zip WARNING: Using
> > tplwizstyles_en-US.zip instead of tplwizstyles_nb.zip WARNING:
> > Using wordbook_en-US.zip instead of wordbook_nb.zip
> >
> > This includes AutoText, palettes, templates, wordbook.
> >

> mmh, interesting I have never recognized this. Any ideas what's going
> wrong?

the localized content in main/extras/source/, which isn't uploaded into
pootle, should also be translated. There should be a guide how to
localized those resources; in the case of wizard templates, for example,
a simple mistake may make the whole wizard not work.

There is a manual at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/l10n/localization/extras/How-To_Manual_OOo-Extras.odt?view=log
that might be still valid.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: [RELEASE]: 1 day left for new/updated translations for AOO 3.4.1

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.