Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Horvath Peter, dr." <dr...@freemail.hu> on 2004/12/17 09:11:45 UTC

How can I get non standard additional info from schema

 Hi everybody,

My problem is:
How can I get some additional, non standard information from the XSD file?

 I try to explain:

 my XSD file contains some additional attributes in a different namespace:
 e.g.:

 elementFormDefault="unqualified"
                   xmlns:foo="http://www.foo.xx/foo/foo">

   <xs:element name="xyz" type="xyz-type" foo:attr1="...." foo:attr2="..."
/>

   <xs:complexType name="xyz-type" foo:attr="...">
     <xs:attribute name="name" type="xs:Name"  foo:attr="...."/>
   </xs:complexType>

 I load the XSD file on a usual manner:

     XmlObject[] xmlObjects = new XmlObject[] { XmlObject.Factory.parse(
 fileSchema ) };
     schemaTypeSystem = XmlBeans.compileXsd( xmlObjects,
 XmlBeans.getBuiltinTypeSystem(), null );
     schemaTypeLoader = XmlBeans.typeLoaderUnion( new SchemaTypeLoader[] {
        schemaTypeSystem,
        XmlBeans.getBuiltinTypeSystem()
     });

 From the root point of schemaTypeSystem I have not found any method to get
 values of  'foo' attributes.

 From the root point of  xmlObjects using the XmpPath possibility I can get
 the needed info:

     String sPath = "declare namespace z="http://www.foo.xx/foo/foo'
 .//xyz-type/@z:attr";
     XmlObject[] xmlObjectAttrs = xmlObjects[0].selectPath(sPath);
     String sValue = (XmlAnyTypeImpl)xmlObjectAttrs[0]).getStringValue();

 But I don't know, how can I bind a SchemaType objects of  schemaTypeSystem
 and the corresponding xmlObject derived from the loaded XSD file.

 I can not compile the schema file, because in the real environment I have
 use an accidentally loaded XSD file.

 I there any solution for my problem?

 Thank you in anticipation

 Peter