Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by mi...@sonynetservices.com on 2002/11/07 18:52:59 UTC

session timeout and XML Forms

Hello,

   i have the following problem:

   I set my session timeout in the web.xml to 1 minute (only to try),
   but as soon as I am in my registration flow I am never loosing
   the session.
   I am using XML Forms with <map:parameter name="xmlform-scope" value="session" />
   If I change the scope to "request" the session times out after one
minute, but not
   if its set to "session".
   Is there always a new session crated in the session scope or is it
using its own session?
   Do I have to set the timeout then  differently?

   Thanx again for any help,

   miHam

Re: session timeout and XML Forms

Posted by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org>.
   I set my session timeout in the web.xml to 1 minute (only to try),
   but as soon as I am in my registration flow I am never loosing
   the session.
   I am using XML Forms with <map:parameter name="xmlform-scope"
value="session" />
   If I change the scope to "request" the session times out after one
minute, but not
   if its set to "session".
   Is there always a new session crated in the session scope

[Ivelin] Yes, the framework will automatically create a new session if one
is not available, along with a new data model instance.
This behaviour is similar to Struts' implementation.