Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Struts Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <st...@basebeans.com> on 2002/07/17 16:25:01 UTC

Error Page Get OverRide by IE error page???

Subject: Error Page Get OverRide by IE error page???
From: "Xero" <wa...@canada.com>
 ===
Does anybody knows why that my error page and errorcode specified in my
web.xml does take affect in IE.  Works perfectly fine in Netscape.

Re: Error Page Get OverRide by IE error page???

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.
John Reid said:
> > Does anybody knows why that my error page and errorcode specified in my
> > web.xml does take affect in IE.  Works perfectly fine in Netscape.
>
> Hi
>
> This is an Explorer issue. Choose Tools -> Internet Options from the IE
> menu. Click the 'Advanced' tab. Scroll down a little and uncheck the box
> beside 'Show friendly HTTP error messages'. That should sort that out for
> your browser. You can do nothing about this server side so users with this
> box checked will get Microsoft's version of an intelligent error message.

Not quite true.
http://www.plinko.net/404/howto.asp?article=3

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com

RE: Error Page Get OverRide by IE error page???

Posted by John Reid <jr...@openconnect.co.uk>.
> Does anybody knows why that my error page and errorcode specified in my
> web.xml does take affect in IE.  Works perfectly fine in Netscape.

Hi

This is an Explorer issue. Choose Tools -> Internet Options from the IE
menu. Click the 'Advanced' tab. Scroll down a little and uncheck the box
beside 'Show friendly HTTP error messages'. That should sort that out for
your browser. You can do nothing about this server side so users with this
box checked will get Microsoft's version of an intelligent error message.

John
---

RE: Error Page Get OverRide by IE error page???

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
Let's see your errorcode in the web.xml.

type and version of container

...these things always help us

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta