Posted to dev@eagle.apache.org by Jaspaul Chahal <ja...@dataguise.com> on 2018/08/21 20:32:40 UTC

Reading from Kafka using SASL

Hi Eagle team,

I have some questions regarding reading the log messages from Kafka topic using SASL protocol from storm topology.

  1.  Can Eagle's storm topology read from Kafka using SASl protocol?
  2.  What changes, related to the protocol or certificate etc, and where I need to make to read from Kafka in this case?

The questions are regarding 0.5 version, please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
Jaspaul Chahal

Re: Reading from Kafka using SASL

Posted by Edward Zhang <yo...@gmail.com>.
Jaspaul,

Do you use a secured Kafka and want Storm to be authenticated as client? I
think that needs generate some certificates and add some configuration, but
it is not supported in Eagle now.

Also which application do you use for this secured access? Some example
applications are hdfs audit log monitoring etc.

Thanks
Edward