Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Dominic Reynolds <do...@lantnern.com> on 2001/03/15 01:45:25 UTC

HttpSessionFacade

Hi,
  I have a question regarding the use of HttpSessionFacade. It appears that many
 instances of this object can wrap the same *real* session. These objects are th
en recycled by tomcat (unbinding the facade from the real session). This recycli
ng happens prior to the session being invalidated which can cause troubles on se
rvlet objects which use the session. What are the rules that govern when a facade is recycled?
 Previous mailing-list threads recommend to use the context to store servlet app
lication data but I'm confused as to why the HttpSession object provides an inte
rface to set/get data if not for the application to store data that should be pe
rsisted accross requests but used within a single session.

thanks,
dominic.