Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru> on 2006/07/14 16:11:54 UTC

Re[3]: object model to work with styles in PowerPoint

OK. The said makes sense.

I'm not sure about method signatures, need to think about it :).
Probably there will be
 getStyles();  //returns all applied styles
 and
 getStyles(int mask);  //returns specific styles

 getStyles( MASTER | TEXTRUN) is equivalent of getStyles()

We are going to add a bunch of methods to the TextRun object, probably
it's better to delegate calls to a special object :

TextFormat fmt = txrun.getTextFormat();
//do formatting via TextFormat

Yegor

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Yegor Kozlov wrote:
> OK. The said makes sense.
>
> I'm not sure about method signatures, need to think about it :).

I was suggesting the idea, not the name. They almost certainly need to
have a totally different name!

> Probably there will be
> getStyles();  //returns all applied styles
> and
> getStyles(int mask);  //returns specific styles

Hmm, I'd probably go with
  getStyles()
  getStylesAll()  - same as above
  getStylesTextRun()
  getStylesMaster()
but that's just me. If we do do the mask thing, we should have a "ALL"
mask too

> We are going to add a bunch of methods to the TextRun object, probably
> it's better to delegate calls to a special object :

I'd be happy with that - we could also shift some of the logic from
RichTextRun (for dealing with the actual StyleTextPropAtoms) there too

Nick