Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by nachi19 <na...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/11 20:36:41 UTC

use of contextfilter.java

Hi
   can anyone give the brief description of contextfilter.java .. what is
its purpose ... and what task it does...

Re: use of contextfilter.java

Posted by Ashish <as...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
nalin chandra wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think you want to know about use contextfilter.java in ofbiz application.
>
> This file is use to set the context path, initial parameter for our servlet.
> you go through the code written in the contextfilter.java file as well as
> with logs.
>
> few log statement is following:-
> -12-12 09:15:59,881 (main) [      ContextFilter.java:297:INFO ] Adding
> web.xml context-param to application attribute with name
> [entityDelegatorName] and value [default]
> -12-12 09:15:59,881 (main) [      ContextFilter.java:297:INFO ] Adding
> web.xml context-param to application attribute with name
> [localDispatcherName] and value [example]
> ======OFBIZ HOME===========  D:\demoappwithvisitorstat
>  is the path information   :
> D:\demoappwithvisitorstat\framework\example\webapp\example\index.jsp
> -12-12 09:15:59,881 (main) [      ContextFilter.java:257:INFO ]
> [ContextFilter.init] Getting Entity Engine Delegator with delegator name
> default
>

> nachi19 wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>    can anyone give the brief description of contextfilter.java .. what is
>> its purpose ... and what task it does...

Hi,
Contextfilter.java in ofbiz application is a java class which has
implemented Filter interface.I think the purpose of a Filter is to
filter the requests sent to server.This is used when either you want to
restrict request to some specific pages or you want to move request to
some page.We define the values of variable used in our Filter class ,in
web.xml. The values like available paths, error-code et.c. can be
defined in web.xml so that our filter can use those values throughout
the context.
I would suggest you to go through the ContextFilter.java file along with
web.xml.

Regards:
Ashish Nagar

Re: use of contextfilter.java

Posted by nalin chandra <na...@palindromesoftware.com>.
Hi

Posted by Amit Sharma <am...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi,

In OFBiz application, if you give url like
http://localhost:8080/<application-name>/<unknown-request> will be
redirected to the redirectPath specified in Web.xml. In that case,
ContextFilter filter out the request and use this redirect path to
redirect the request. this file is responsible for redirecting the
response to control/main.

Thanks and Regards
Amit Sharma

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.