Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2015/06/30 11:47:23 UTC

Mailing list subscriptions

Hi,
The page https://www.apache.org/foundation/mailinglists.html is written
with "foundation level" subscription in mind.

Which I think means that every PMC needs to replicate the same information
about how to subscribe to a mailing list.

Would it make sense to expand the "Project Mailing Lists" section with
generic instructions on how to subscribe?? If so, where would I find the
sources, so I can submit a patch?

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Yes, I think so. For instance, I use GMail with aliasing another mail
address and domain name. That requires the dev-subscribe-niclas=
hedhman.org@jackrabbit.apache.org format.

Would also be good to capture usecases when this is needed (I am not sure
when).

Cheers
Niclas

--