Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Shawn Hermans <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/12 19:17:22 UTC

Read Hive LazySimpleSerde with Pig

All,
Is there an easy way to read Hive LazySimpleSerde encoded files in Pig?  I
did some research and found support for Hive's columnar format and for
SequenceFiles, but did not see anything for LazySimpleSerde.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Read Hive LazySimpleSerde with Pig

Posted by Shawn Hermans <sh...@gmail.com>.
Solved the issue with a Jython UDF.

REGISTER 'lazysimpleserde.py' USING jython AS myfuncs;
A = LOAD '000000_0' using PigStorage('\\u001') AS (params:chararray);
B = FOREACH pixels GENERATE myfuncs.extractMap(params);

@outputSchema("params:map[]")
def extractMap(lazy_map):
    extracted = {}
    entries = lazy_map.split('\x02')

    for entry in entries:
        split_entry = entry.split('\x03')

        if len(split_entry) == 2:
            extracted[split_entry[0]] = split_entry[1]

    return extracted

Posted by Shawn Hermans <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.