Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Manasi Lonkar <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2013/07/01 21:09:07 UTC

Question about IdP

Hello,

I am new to SAML and Apache cxf.

I have a requirement to generate SAMLResponse. The application already authenticates the user. The user information is in session. In effect, I do not want the IdP to do authentication. What I want it to do is to get the information from session and generate the SAMLResponse.

Can anybody suggest if this is possible using Apache CXF or Fediz IDP? Where can I find documentation/example for this? Is there any other framework you can suggest?

Thanks for your help,

- Manasi Lonkar

RE: Question about IdP

Posted by Andrei Shakirin <as...@talend.com>.
Hi,

Could you describe your test case a little bit in details? If application already authenticates user, how you will use SAML token?
What do you understand under SAMLResponse - WS-Trust RequestSecurityTokenResponse?
Normally SAML token is issued by SecurityTokenService in federated scenarios. STS checks user authentication and Proof of Possession.
Is it applicable for your case?

Regards,
Andrei.