Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ethan Adams <et...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/03 04:10:26 UTC

Profiler Question

I am using Jetspeed 2 with an external SSO solution and have a question
related to the profiler.

The typical user scenario is that a user would navigate the portal as a
guest, and at some point, click a login link which would send them to an
external login page.  We send a return URL in the login link so the user
ends up on the page they were on before logging in.

The problem is that a user may be on a page as guest that only the guest has
access to, and after they login, an error is thrown because they don't have
access to that page anymore.

Is there anyway to setup the profiler to fall back to the parent folder of
the requested page if the user doesn't have access to the requested page?

Re: Hit Counter

Posted by Pham Tuan Minh <ph...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for your response.
I try using org.apache.jetspeed.statistics.* packet.

--- Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>

Re: Hit Counter

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 3/3/06, Pham Tuan Minh <ph...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know how to count the number of users who
> accessed j2 ?

Did you try looking at the admin statistics portlet?

> Pls, help me.
>
> Thanks.

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02
Mobile: +33 6 20 83 22 62

Hit Counter

Re: Profiler Question

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Ethan,

Ah... no pages in the root folder is the key. If you had even a
default-page.psml there, it would resolve to that.

If there is only one 'abc' like folder in the root folder, one could
specify 'abc' as the default page for the root folder. I am guessing
that is not the case however.

There are profiling solutions, but these depend primarily on there being
versions of '1.psml' for the logged in users and the guest. In those
cases, you'd add a '/_user/guest/abc/1.psml' page for guest and leave
the one that is there for the logged in users. In your case, however,
you effectively want the page to disappear. This is reasonable for a
security based solution like you are implementing.

If you write up a JIRA issue, I can probably address this issue quickly
in the ProfilerValveImpl. Your request seems reasonable: e.g. fallback
up the folder structure instead of jumping all the way to the root, '/',
folder.

Randy

Re: Profiler Question

Posted by Ethan Adams <et...@gmail.com>.