Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/02 00:42:09 UTC

Pivot Demos more IIA oriented

Hi all,
to better align our Demos to IIA concepts, what do you think to add to
Demos in Pivot Site ( http://pivot.apache.org/demos/ ) even a link to
run under Web Start (but before the 2.1 release) ? And maybe changing
the text View with something like "Run as Applet", and add bottom
another link like "Run as Application" ...
Note that this could help even to improve the experience to all users
that has/had troubles running our Applets (the recent thread on
Pivot-2.0 and the IcedTea plugin on Linux, and some problems on some
Dell machines with Windows, etc).

As you can see in jira, for the 2.1 release I'll fix an issue on jnlp
files ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-500 ), so we can
have jnlp links for our Demos, from the generated pivot-demos war
file.

Tell me what you think.

Bye

Re: Pivot Demos more IIA oriented

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luiz,
thanks for the comment :-) ...

Greg, Chris and others, what do you think ?

Sandro

Re: Pivot Demos more IIA oriented

Posted by Luiz Gustavo <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sandro,

I think that this is a great mean to highlight the IIA aspect of Pivot.

Cheers,

Luiz Gustavo S. de Souza

http://luizgustavoss.wordpress.com