Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/10 17:59:12 UTC

Re: Installing mahout on a cluster of Linux VM's Examples not compiling

Nope, you never have to install client code on a Hadoop node. Hadoop sends
all the code that is needed to the workers.
However, you have to give it all the code it needs to run. I am guess you
are not using the "job" files, but rather just one of the Mahout jar files.
That alone doesn't have what you need. Try the core "job" file.